Sunday, February 15, 2009

safe inside my 'phones, back to the days before

colour me finally getting to listen to mark koselek's ::7 songs:: ep - recorded live in the black box in belfast back in the days of my life...well, before... in november 2007 - one of the most breathtaking gigs i've ever witnessed. it's a beautiful recording and affirmation of just how good it was... that night's version of Carry Me Ohio has me stalled over the keys...

...

...it's still breathtaking painful beauty right up to the sudden cut of an end...

and colour me looking forward to hearing ::Finally:: - his recent covers compilation. ewan sent me straight to Send In The Clowns. if the rest of it is half as good as that it's gonna be a treasured addition to the collection...

there's a week's worth of stickly awkward and painful feelings to be written around...and my beloved bro had a pile of recommended stuff that's worth sharing but i think it'll have to wait. gonna nestle down into reliving that precious night, before sleep...

but while i'm here, i'll recommend jonathan demme's ::rachel getting married:: which i got to see tonight at qft. i could've seen this in tucson last fall but i felt an inner resistance. having seen it, i think i should learn to trust my gut. 'cause i'm glad i waited. i think if i'd seen it then i might never have made it home. it undid me. raw stuff this. at its centre is anne hathaway in a heartbreaking and remarkable portrayal.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here...

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment