Tuesday, June 13, 2006

gotta do something 'bout where i'm goin'

i spent the weekend working on my piece for the greenbelt website. it's very nearly ready but it's in the style of a correspondance with a fellow traveller and i want their approval for me to use their words before i submit it. i finally sussed that writing it here in blogger got me over the hurdle - being able to look at it in the preview section as if it were one of my postings made all the difference.

had a relaxed and quiet weekend on my own in the house while my fellow communers were on the north coast...before they left, keli and i made wheaten bread - a delia recipe so damn easy, it's embarrassing. i'll post it here sometime. spent saturday evening watching a dvd of the bbc version of pride and prejudice with colin firth for the first time. needless to say, darcy won me over.

other nice small things of wonderful ordinariness and surprise that deserve reminding of in no particular order but probably sequential allthesame...


first magnum of the summer

friday nite music at the cafe and making headway on the greenbelt piece in the bargain

being interviewed before the congregation in city church at their cafe service, in my guise as a cafe regular...it was a pretty good experience... i even mentioned the gospel. do i hear 16 hooves? i was described as :the femme fatale of common grounds:.... i still don't know how to react to that... but i reckon i'll settle for (bitter)sweetly misunderstood...

enjoying the hot heady lush sonambulence of a sunday afternoon in botanic garden, slouched in dappled shade

discovering padraig was a gymnast

summer dinner with pad, gail and ricky that segued into a later than expected night of mirthful chat and musical beauty...

the sunset seen from my bedroom window

an hour and a half of good will conversation and letting someone inside my broken memories when they asked... to be struck by the courage it takes to allow it and the immense trust never offered by but demanded of the other allthesame... being near-crushed by tender insistent absolution of heavy burdens unspoken til now...

chatting for the first time to ben's beautiful sweet waif of a gal, sarah... thanx to zippy boy for the zippo...

if level5 conversation is a prayer a deux then it was answered today when i learnt that my last day of my current job will be 27 july. didn't know how i'd feel 'til i heard it but i'm relieved... the unknowing has been an unfirm basis for living...

site rec of the week...http://www.blueguitar.info/

::
it's not your fault
and it's not the rest of your life

it's not
and it's the now
::

each rung is a step of faith... back to climbing...

LB,x

1 comment:

  1. words I only ever dreamt I'd hear: Padraig was a gymnast.

    sweet sweet Lord. Thank thee for thy joys and bounties and keep my mind from thinking wrong thoughts.

    I don't think I'm ever going to stop smiling.

    ReplyDelete