Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666


happy birthday to stu! (yes, that be him)

27 today, so he is...last night we toasted the last hour of his being 26 by cracking open a 26 year old bottle of port brought back from their recent trip to portugal. mmmmm.

as i type i am sitting on the front step at work under the shade of my cowboy hat - it really is shaping up be a scorcher today, and it ain't often we ever get to say that round these parts. for those peering over my virtual shoulder as i scribble who are not familiar with the climes of belfast, a good day can be described as 'warm'. we get to use the term 'hot' about 5 days a year by my guesstimate. and that's if we're lucky.

please give a thought to stu's beautiful wife keli, who, having very kindly dropped me off at work, (meaning i get to wear a pair of cream flairs that i wouldn't risk wearing on the bike for fear of a chain oil incident), is currently down at B&Q asking for "a bottom filling ball cock"... try saying that with a straight face. all going well our cistern will refill by itself by tonight.

trying to decide if i want to go see the remake of the omen. loved the original...

LB, x

4 comments:

  1. Seeing as I'm reading, Happy Birthday to Stu - not often I get to send greetings to a stranger :-) am well impresssed with the bike.
    Am pleased the sun is out with you too - have a lovely day - I might be missing out but you'd never get me to the omen! Enjoy it if you do though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 pm

    Gibson! Just checked the old bloggo for the 1st time ever - not counting the times I've looked at in on your sweet imac looking over your shoulder - and what do I find!?? ME! Cranked over mid-hairpin, about to wind on the throttle and send myself into the chicane at 120mph+

    Sweet charity! Thanks for your blog mention, so far the only hint of the beast that is becoming on me is 'sexy'. No other serious concerns to report!

    Later skater..we'll cook up a storm tomorrow night in honour of 27 - as Chris says...Rock Star death age!

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuarty - I had no idea YOU were one of those people who could do that on bike and come out alive. WOW.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm glad to know you.

    Jude xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:35 pm

    Indeed. In my head I am hearing Alan Partridge asking too loudly with unnecessary emphasis in all the wrong places. Thanks for giving me that distraction!
    Hope to see you soon...

    ReplyDelete