Thursday, August 31, 2006

i know i'm right

these lyrics have been running through my head for the past couple of hours...
i could hear it in the back of my head as a few sat and talked late into the night about
our early experiences of faith and where we are today.
not sure why. maybe all our talk of belief and fundamentalism.

this is for ricky, willow, mccleary, gail, and jonny:
nice discussion folks. you keep me guessing...

::

one time
by lies damned lies

I made my choices too young

My time has come and gone
These castles you have built
Have never been my home
Just listen for a moment
Don’t put me down
I’m finally realising
I’ve been messed around

And this one time I know I’m, right
I’ve been listening to you too long
Get ready for a fight
Just this one time
One time

You tell me that I’m nothing
You make me feel ashamed
I hope you’re satisfied now
If I’m the one who gets blamed
Somehow I feel stronger
Now I’m not afraid
Everything will be clearer
As the memory fades

And this one time I know I’m right
I’ve been listening to you too long
Get ready for a fight
Just this one time
One time

One time

::

LB, x





2 comments:

  1. thanks LB. 'twas good. perhaps we even did what ikon advised and nourished one another with our beliefs...
    g. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. disarming words from a great band who just added to the fragrancy of the finest festival on earth

    p x

    ReplyDelete