Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Compassion

do you believe in god?
i believe in people. and that sometimes those people can be kind.


i prefer the word compassion to kindness. it's meatier. some might say messier. a weight to it.

there are a multitude of thoughts spinnning around vying to be caught like a snitch and pinned down on an album. but i am neither a quidditch player nor a butterfly catcher and rest beckons...

someone asked me today if everyone is essentially lonely... not everyone is alone but yes, i think it's true. if only because i cannot climb inside your body and inhabit your mind, nor you in mine... we are seperate beings, unique...

i have been pushing out beyond my borders, daring to eat the peach...today i sipped white tea for the first time. i wonder if there isn't another kind of boundary pushing occuring... in which one dares to move out beyond one's defences...or at least, i am aware of some of my defensive reflexes that make me curl into myself... desire to raise my eyes and look into any moment with presence. if i dared to raise my gaze, what would i see in your own? kindness? compassion? a fear just like my own?

what we have in common, is not our strength, but our vulnerability.
-- Sigmund.


LB, x

No comments:

Post a Comment