Tuesday, July 18, 2006

schmome

Today keli said to me as she drove me to work that her july 17th resolution was to laugh more...

i agreed said mission was a good one but not having imbibed caffeine at the time i'm not sure i said it with much conviction.

i retire tonight having laughed considerably this evening... not a drop of alcohol in the bloodstream and in the company of my two dear friends ricky and jayne. we three amigos left the blessed shade of botanic gardens and got thai take away and sat on a bench on the ormeau embankment until half eleven watching night fall over the city. i have thought a lot in recent weeks about where i might end up in years to come, but tonight on that bench in this city, which is so often a hard place for anyone to feel at home in, was as good as anything i've known... there is a humour you can share with those who know your darkness that is hard to share with anyone else.. these two have in their own ways carried me through some of my darkest days. just being me, as i come, i let myself have a little fun.

mission accomplished. :0)

LB,x

No comments:

Post a Comment