Wednesday, July 19, 2006

blistered soles

so, i bought cheapo razors -->
shaved my legs -->
ripped em to shreds -->
in order to avoid scafing of tender skin i had to wear a knee length skirt -->
said skirt is made from a pillow case and reduces my usual long stride to geisha small steps -->
walking thus and with a heavy back pack throws my centre of balance off completely and forces my feet forward in my flip flops -->
leads to shredding of said feet -->
leads to me walking barefoot half way home sans flip flops -->
the road thru th'east cut the feet off me as they'd say in dublin -->
so now i find myself typing in the evening sun in the yard with my feet soaking in a bowl of refreshingly cool water...

the moral of this story is, do not skimp on your blades

or, make do with hairy legs...

::

whilst stoically battling on, i have been entertained with a few gems from You Tube, kindly recced by the wee bro, who has taken to playing role of purveryor of computer based treats during these heatwaved days...by the way, did i tell you he and his dear wife are in the gestational process of becoming parents and thus making me an aunt?


Heat Vision and Jack
Lay me Down (Live)
Fake (Live at Vicar St, Dublin 26.06.06)

and make sure you check out jude's lovely selection of belfast fotos from this past weekend, featuring some members of the cast of this here blog in all their beauty...

off to find some aloe vera...

LB, x

3 comments:

  1. great photo ;o) ... and lovin' the new tag line.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love a bit o' Skee-Lo

    here you was thinking i was pensive when actually i was merely thinking, "now if only i could find me a rabbit in a hat with a bat...but it's belfast and it's sunday"

    ;0)

    love ya,
    LB,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics

    recoverin well (ish)...gonna try and get over again soon and sharpen me again

    hope you find the hat...
    Px

    ReplyDelete