Wednesday, February 15, 2006

the one where...

morning all.

a big LB welcome to claire. up until 5pm yesterday claire was my line manager. today she is there no longer. from now on she will simply be known to me as "my friend claire".

from our desks for over a year we have viewed my life rather like an episode of ::Friends:: (only you'd be forgiven for thinking chris carter had got his hands on it)... in our daily watercooler moments, we have line by line dissected and ruminated over the unfolding storylines, the dialogue, character motivations, unexpected twists in the plot, reacted with eyes wide at the cliff hangers, laughed out loud and choked back tears from episode to episode. sitting opposite me, with only 3 feet between us, claire has got to know my face rather well. she has become adept at reading my facial expressions. without me needing to speak she has been my confessor: you can't bullshit someone when they can tell exactly when you're trying to hide your secrets, and she can read my secrets by the tone of my eyes and the shape of my mouth.

she's gonna drop by here to keep up to date. and then no doubt email me to find out what's really going on...

despite the baltic air (this was not the day to forget one's gloves but whaddya know - i done it) the sun is splitting the stones. i stood on the platform at the station waiting for a train which apparantly doesn't yet understand the meaning of the word timetable, and despite craving my iPod, nay, ANY iPod, and shaking from the cold, i gave myself a massive kick up the arse after last night's dark mood... if you can't fix it, you just gotta stand it...

or to put it another way...in the absence of a script writer you just gotta roll with the punches...

right, there's work to be done...

LB, x

No comments:

Post a Comment