Friday, February 24, 2006

newsy bits n pieces

hey folks

have been feeling decidely run down past few days. my system seems to be holding its hands up and saying "slow down and start looking after yourself!"

so, with that in mind i finally came to a decision that had been looming for a while. i am taking a step back, or down, or out, from active service in ikon for the time being.
i will still be part of the crowd but am giving myself permission to not be involved in any decision making for a while. there is a lot of uncertainty and change ahead in the coming months and ikon is undergoing a fair bit of transformation too, but more change is not what i need to have on my plate right now. so by letting go i'm letting in my own mind the crowd shift and evolve as it wants without me having any responsibilty to shape what that might look like. i love the crowd enough that it can be what it wants to be without me feeling like i have to influence it. and right now i don't know what i would want to suggest.

so with that self-imposed weight off my shoulders i am now engaging in the sale of Rivendell. i have vague ideas of what i want to move to, but i also need to get my work situation sorted. any one of these would be a big deal. all three is a lot to contend with. so i am trying to deal with each one in as calm a manner as possible and avoid overwhelmedness if i can. getting a home and job i feel good about and that make economic sense will be easier said than done. but i am not without support as i always need to remind myself. and in past couple of days i have received some amazing reminders from several dear friends in phone calls, texts, emails, conversations and practical offers of help.

big news i totally forgot to communicate, my brother arrives on 4th March. i still can't quite believe it. he'll only be in town for a few days but it'll be amazing to get an injection of his spirit into my life.

::where is rowan morrison?::

saturday's guardian is apparantly going to be accompanied by a free copy of "the wicker man". no self respecting film lover should be witohut this one.
i haven't had the guts to watch my own copy by myself yet, despite having seen it several times before. it's an amazing(ly) freaky film and as a religious story, very powerful. i have often thought if you wanted to scare someone to believe in the salvific Christ then this might just be the way to do it. it is impossible to accurately describe why this is such a creepy movie. it's not got any monsters, no blood and gore, no ghosts, no axe wielding murderers and nearly all the action happens in daylight. there's lots of singing and dancing and smiling faces.
if anyone is up for a viewing sometime then please let me know. be prepared to discover your hysterical giggle. this is an extremely clever and well made film and deserving of its cult status. i understand an american remake is in post production with nicholas cage in the role of the "sheriff" and ellen burstyn as "lady summerisle". do not see the remake before seeing the original. once seen, never forgotten. a masterpiece in british film and an extremely intelligent exploration of religious belief. i promise if you ever want to watch it that it will swiftly followed by the extras which include lots of interviews so you can be reminded that this was just a story and the actors were only playing dress up...

::A-choc-a-lypse Now::
my caffeine creation launches today as the common grounds coffee of the week. i have just been informed that the board is decorated with helicopter and palm trees. cooooool. colour me a little chuffed.

right. off to buy wool.

have a good weekend.

LB, x

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there level 5 girl - you have friends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you so.
    and we're adopting a baby.
    and i got hired on full time at apple.

    i wish i could give you a hug. please write me soon, k?

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen The Wicker Man, and I am entirely biting the bait. IN FACT, I may have access to a projector that will hook up to just about any laptop so should you want to make it a LARGE viewing, I'm your girl.

    Well, I'm your girl either way, really. ::diva kiss on both cheeks::

    ReplyDelete