Tuesday, February 21, 2006

on this day

in 1848 marx and engels published the communist manifesto. 158 years later Loserbaby gets around to blogging again... i'm struggling with ambiguities and uncertainties of various shades at the moment, but let's pretend i'm in control and evade dealing with realness until another day...

first up, rainbow dreams, in repsonse to your comment, it's B-U-E-C-H-N-E-R. my error no doubt in switiching the U n E... i do it frequently...being true to its germanic roots it is pronounced BEEK-ner, i instinctively want to put the E first... go enjoy... i'm trying to only read one new thing of his a year so he'll last me a long time yet... the temptation to order his entire body of work with a single one click order at amazon is a challenge...

second, i know knitting. i have made 3 scarves in the past week. more have been commissioned. thanks to jayne helping me get started...

Several months back i created a custom caffeine hit. i've searched and searched and it appears to be unique. it's not a mochoccino, nor is it a mocha... so in the past few days i've named it. today, my friend stephen, who's the barrista at common grounds cafe who made the first ever one of these for me greeted me as "Kurtz!"...a legend has been birthed...

A naked hot chocolate shot through its creamy core with espresso to create a heart of darkness...i give you ::Achocalypse Now::

And so it seems quite fitting, that i should return to the office and play this.
..sums up my little fucked up world quite aptly...on this day anyway... first line is a link to video of the track...


::
cigarettes and chocolate milk
these are just a couple of my cravings
everything it seems i like's a little bit stronger
a little bit thicker
a little bit harmful for me

if i should buy jellybeans
have to eat them all in just one sitting
everything it seems i like's a little bit sweeter
a little bit fatter
a little bit harmful for me

and then there's those other things
which for several reasons we won't mention
everything about them is a little bit stranger
a little bit harder
a little bit deadly

it isn't very smart
tends to make one part so broken-hearted

sitting here remembering me
always been a shoe made for the city
go ahead, accuse me of just singing about places
with scrappy boys faces
have general run of the town
playing with prodigal songs
takes a lot of sentimental valiums
can't expect the world to be your raggedy andy
while running on empty
you little old doll with a frown

you got to keep in the game
maintaining mystique while facing forward
i suggest a reading of 'a lesson in tightropes'
or 'surfing your high hopes' or 'adios kansas'

it isn't very smart
tends to make one part so broken-hearted

still there's not a show on my back
holes or a friendly intervention
i'm just a little bit heiress, a little bit irish
a little bit tower of pisa whenever i see ya
so please be kind if i'm a mess
cigarettes and chocolate milk

::

rufus wainwright ::cigarettes and chocolate milk::

LB, x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks - found him no problem - and one click and it's done - but decisions decisions, so many to choose from! Can't think why I hadn't looked at such an obvious alternative spelling but there you go!
    That'll keep me occupied for early part of March :-)
    ps like the sound of your caffeine hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Cary my dear - the memories are so real i almost have to brush them from my face - thanks for your level 5 last week.

    And Rufus - probably the only man I might turn for!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rufus makes me quiver. I love that song...

    ReplyDelete