Monday, April 25, 2005

flesh of my flesh

a little gem from last night's ikon... a new song from Pádraig:

flesh of my flesh
bone of my bone
your skin is warm
but your hands are cold
warm them on me
warm them on me
let me look at you,
warm me on you

my blood is red
it heats my skin
your skin is beautiful
it turns me in-to me
ah, have you burned
at the thought of me?
Like i have burned
when i am missing you.

I'd kiss your body
if you were close,
i'd kiss your lips
i'd cover most of your skin
with my love
with my breath.
with my yearning
for your flesh.

(C) Pádraig Twomey, 2005

Joyous weekend of chilling with Jude. Precious times.
Saturday afternoon was spent over a picnic and trip to the beach with Chris and Daniel (aged 4) and Jonah (16 mnths). Both are rock stars in the making. Daniel shared his "mix" on Chris's iPod - which included the following artists:

The Police
Sigur Ros
Prefuse 73
Biffy Clyro
Eliot Smith
Fischy Music for kids

at only 4 these are some of his favourites. fischy music is linked above. fabulous kids songs that are more than bearable to the adult ear - very affirming and funny. tuesday night group has been known to feature daniel leading us in a song or two. this is christian music for kids complete with hand actions that doesn't make me recoil in horror. very. very. cool. almost as cool as daniel and jonah themselves.

off to enjoy the sunshine. further ikon extracts to follow.

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment