Thursday, February 11, 2010

compassion in action

an important update...




the appropriate links are:

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe: CRST 2010 Disaster Relief

Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Storm Relief - Emergency Assistance 
they are continuing to take cash donations and also will accept non-cash gifts such as warm clothing and non-perishables. details on the site.

Native American Heritage Association

“I know there are hard economic times across the country and those who are able continue to respond with prayers, money and muscle to help our neighbors in Haiti.  I find myself in the humble position of appealing for your support in our time of emergency.  I would not ask you for assistance unless I was confident we are doing all we can.  We are.” 
-- Tribal Chairman Joseph Brings Plenty, Cheyenne River Sioux, Eagle Butte, South Dakota, 01 February 2010 (Tribal leaders declared a state of emergency on 27 January.)
LB 

No comments:

Post a Comment