Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the road ahead

so - a new look.

there's gonna be a few changes in coming weeks and you will soon be accessing these pages via my website. it's me that's holding that up so i've only myself to blame.

::

the divine comedy merch job is GO! i can't believe that i'm gonna get paid to do this. two weeks on a tour bus. 12 gigs in 12 cities across scotland, england and ireland ranging from edinburgh to portsmouth to cork to derry.
when i considered getting a retail job on finishing my current desk bound post, simply as a change of pace for a while, this is not quite what i had envisaged. it's so hard to know what to expect from it all. glamourous i know it won't be and there's gonna be a lot of hard graft. but what an opportunity.

i am reliably ensured that the divine comedy crew are a fairly sedate lot. i have no desire for the motley crew style rock tour experience so sedate (but i am also assured very friendly and down to earth) suits me just fine. and i'm delighted that i'll be able to see more of pete as despite our neighbourly status he is of course away for much of the time. this'll be a real treat to share his company.

so
i shall be bringing lots of reading material to help pass the many hours on the road. 3 books i've recieved as gifts:
the collected autobiographies of maya angelou (thanks to jayne)
only revolutions by mark z. danielewski (thanks to mb)
side effects by adam phillips (thanks to chris and the feral famille fry)

they're heavy hard backs all, but will make for varied and absorbing and i hope complimentary reading. i've new cds to get onto my iPod as audio entertainment. i'm gonna get myself a new journal for the experience, the iBook will most certainly come with, and i'm trying to determine whether or not to finally succumb to the getting of a digital SLR... my plan was to travel lite. well that's failed before i've even bought a holdall.

so, welcome to the first of several aesthetic and structural changes... more to come soon.

LB,x


3 comments:

  1. Delighted the work on the tour is going to happen. I think I might refer to this portfolio as "Duke Merchant Bitch" for the duration of your two week employment.
    I was glad to hear that Jude made it to ::team fury:: - I was gutted that I was away.
    Sigh.

    All good here - see you in a few, x Pád.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, an alternative title for this addition to your CV could be "Special Bitch". I think I like that better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mog couldnt you come up with a duke bitch haiku ?

    ReplyDelete