Sunday, May 01, 2005

a li'l bit o' wordplay

here's a little something i threw Pádraig's way the other day. he was more impressed at my poetic exercising than i anticipated and so thought i'd post it. oh - and it's not about him before you get any ideas. . .

what you'll never know . . .

It’s in the translation
This thing that you do to me
You're speaking words
you don't understand

'cause
Vowels leave your mouth
As expressions of
Friendship
Consonants utter
Your
Kindness
Compassion

Arrive at my ear
As confessions
Of
Love
And Desire
For Unspeakable acts
Of your
Undying p
assion
And want

Works both ways
I’m Miss-Communication:

I utter words
That speak of my
Love
My Desire
and passion
My unending want
with
Hardly veiled references to
unspeakable acts

You hear them as
Friendship
Kindness
Compassion
And slickly dry humour
Or self-deprecation

Purely platonic?
Oh baby
Don’t think so

Everything we say
I interpret
With invention.

1 comment:

  1. oh sweet cary, how nice of you to write about me!

    ReplyDelete